2015 Zilker Garden Festival
Saturday, March 28
Sunday, March 29
10am - 5pm
$8 Adults (age 12+), $4 Children (age 4-12), Under age 4 Free
For over 50 years, the annual Zilker Garden Festival has been a one-stop, garden shopping destination when spring arrives in Austin and Central Texas. A family-friendly event, the garden festival offers something for everyone –
- The annual Flower Show in the Garden Center – featuring judged designs and an array of horticultural specimens
- Live music from the Soundstage in the Rose Garden – with a variety of musical offerings both afternoons
- Gardening Talks under the big, white tent next to the Garden Center – where novice and seasoned gardeners will enjoy talks from local gardening experts
- The always fun and interactive Kids' Corner in the Rose Garden – where kids can build a birdhouse, or bird feeder, make butterfly wings and masks, have their faces painted, and learn about plants from Master Gardeners
- Enjoy tasty food offerings at the Food Court in the Oak Grove on the Escarpment Trail
- Head to the Escarpment Trail near the Butterfly Garden to learn about City of Austin Programs that help gardeners grow sustainable, earth-wise gardens
Plan to arrive early and bring your wagon!
Vendors from Austin and Central Texas will offer a variety of plants for sale – native and adapted annuals and perennials, cacti & succulents, veggies & herbs, orchids, and tropicals. Shop for garden-themed arts & crafts, ceramic pottery, custom jewelry, handmade artistic clothing, herbal products, and garden hats.
Zilker Garden Festival is co-sponsored by the Austin Area Garden Council (AAGC) and the City of Austin Parks & Recreation Department (PARD). The festival is the primary fundraiser for AAGC, and proceeds support Zilker Botanical Garden.
Please note that the grounds will be closed to the public and to photographers all day
Friday for setup prior to the festival. Thank you for leaving Fido at home when you visit the garden festival.
Smoking Ban: The City of Austin's Smoking in Public Places Ordinance prohibits smoking in all City parks and facilities. Smoking on the grounds of Zilker Botanical Garden is strictly prohibited.
*Garden Festival Parking & Transportation Options
Festival visitors can reach the festival by car, bike, or public transportation. Public parking will be in the Polo Fields across from the front entrance to Zilker Botanical Garden on Barton Springs Rd., from 8am to 6pm, Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $5@space.
Parking under the Mopac median is strictly prohibited. Cars will be ticketed and towed. The Austin Police Department will be patrolling surrounding neighborhoods for illegally parked vehicles.
- Bike Parking – Bike Racks will be provided and located inside the fence to the left of the front entrance (green lawn area) on Barton Springs Rd. Bring your own lock!
Find out about biking in Austin at: www.austintexas.gov/department/bicycle
Everyone is encouraged to use pedal power.
- Public Transportation – Cap Metro Bus routes within 4 blocks of event site: CAP Metro Route 30 (Barton Creek Square) www.capmetro.org
- ADA Parking –Zilker Park Polo Fields (along fence facing Barton Springs Rd) 8am-6pm. Cost is $5@space. Must display special needs placard
Please call 512-477-8672, ext. 12 for inquiries about the garden festival.
Vendor Application & Maps